My personal manifestations via my eVision Board
For years I've been studying Yoga, Patanjali's Sutras, Eckhart Tolle, Dr Wayne Dyer, you know, many spiritual teachers & teachings.
So, as the last of my 4 children was planning on leaving the nest, I went deep. Lots of meditating. Lots of introspective thought.
I have always wanted to be a teacher. I've been drawn to it since I was a little girl. Throughout my life I was placed into teaching situations. That gave me much joy. I never got my teaching degree, life got in the way, you know.
So, I thought, what do I want to do with the rest of my life? I love yoga, I love to teach. YES, I became a yoga teacher. I took the teacher training. (Timeline: graduated September 2011...yes that's right) Loved it.
Now what was I going to do with this? I didn't want a studio. No one really knows me in the yoga world. But I want to get myself out there. So at first, I thought I would help a studio owner who had years of experience and become an assistant. During this time I was taking workshops with other teachers. One being, the lovely Sadie Nardini. She said something that woke me right up. She said follow YOUR dream. Step out of the shadow. You have to ultimately create your own bliss. (Timeline: December 2011)
OK, more meditating, more going deep. How am I going to do this? In comes all of my teachings and Jennifer Pastiloff (another key component in this journey) Her message is simple. Manifest it. That's it.
So I make an appointment with the premier Yogi Talent agency in the US, Yama Talent, and meet with Ava Taylor, owner. (Timeline: January 2012) We have a two hour conversation and she asks me if I know my *why*. Of course I did.
Why do I want to, need to, make this journey of mine huge? Because ultimately, I want to be able to create places of hope for battered women. Places to take yoga, and to find their voice. This is where yoga came into my life. When I was empty. When I was waking up from a bad marriage and not knowing what to do. Not having the courage. Being led by fear. Being controlled. Yoga helped me find my truth. That is my WHY. I want to help others find their SATYA.
OK (still reading?) So she says, "are you ready to lay bare?" Oh yes I am. And she gives me an assignment. I have to find 20 people who will help me spread my message. At this time I had around 150 friends on Facebook. Now I got to work.
I created my eVision Board. But I didn't want a cardboard thing hanging in my living room or on the refrigerator door. And if it was in my closet, I'd only see it twice a day. Here's where meditating can come in handy. What is always with me? What do I look at constantly? My phone. I made one to use as a wallpaper on my phone.
Now I do look at it constantly. What did I put on it? All of my hopes & dreams, However big or small, however pie-in-the-sky. I never let logic come into play. I'm a, ahem, not 40 year old single woman, who does a little yoga. I'm not the typical, lithe yogini on the cover of Yoga Journal. But those thoughts didn't come into play.
Here's what I put on my board:
- Teaching gigs (I got all but one, and that's because the studio wasn't in my area).
- To be photographed by a famous photographer...check, Robert Sturman, who has become a close friend.(Timeline: May 2012).
- To travel...I went to California in July 2012. Colorado August 2012.
- To meet my yogini inspirations & create real relationships...Sadie (I've been her assistant at the Yoga Journal Conference Timeline: April 2012), Jennifer, (Timeline: February 2012) Gwen Lawrence (Timeline: August 2012).
- To have peace...ask anyone who knows me, they all think I'm on something (lol).
- To get my name out there...
- To be on television...I've taped 4 episodes of Sadie's show Rock My Yoga (Timeline: May 2012).
- eVision Boards......I was making them for friends (they have testimonials...consensus: magic) I thought I should sell them. Put THAT on my vision board (Timeline: June 2012) Put it on my website, SELLING THEM.....(Timeline: now).
- I wanted to accomplish crow pose, did it ...on TV (Timeline:May 2012).
Look at that! I stopped at August 2012. Time to update:
- Helped launch Rebelle Society
- Was invited to Global Mala in Newark NJ where I met Shiva Rae and Debby Kaminsky. A bond was forged and I am going to be involved with the Newark Yoga Movement. (Timeline: September 2012).
- Went to a Bruce Springsteen concert, in the *pit*. (Timeline: September 2012)
- Articles published in Patch and YOGANONYMOUS. (Timeline: September 2012)
- Worked with Debby Kaminsky to organize the only yoga event to help with the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Led by Seane Corn and a host of other yogis, called Off the Mat Into New Jersey. This was held in the Atlantic City Convention Center. We raised over $30,000. Bows to StudioLive TV and exhale spa. (Timeline: December 2012)
- Was mentioned in YOGANONYMOUS' Top Yoga Posts of 2012. (Timeline: December 2012)
- No longer at my day time job. Nope, I am a sustainable yoga teacher, manager, blogger and eVision Board maker. (February 2013)
- I have manifested and created Mamaste Connections, a yoga consulting company. (October 2013)
Now it's July of 2014...what's new? Whew!
- Went to Sedona, AZ (February 2014)
- Became an assistant to an internationally known LA yoga teacher. (ask me) (March 2014)
- I danced on stage with Bruce Springsteen. (April 2014)
- Created a charity shoot with the Give Back Yoga Foundation, Robert Sturman & Mantra Yoga + Health Magazine (May 2014)
- Organized Ambassadors for the 35 city tour, Soulshine with Michael Franti & Mantra Yoga + Health Magazine. (July 2014)
- Cultivated and met many, many friends on social media. (on going...)
And that's just a few of the things I have on there. Now don't misunderstand. I didn't put these things up & sit back & wait...no way, it's a lot of hard work. I am "laying bare". I am putting myself out there with an open heart. My mantra: Say Yes.
There are things I am still waiting for, but I am confident that these blessings are on their way. I am so excited to wake up every day and see what the day brings. I am always smiling. And always, always saying THANK YOU.
To order your own personal eVision Board: